iDeals Virtual Data Room (VDR) provides a secure online data repository for storing and sharing confidential information. Established in 2008, iDeals has grown into an international company with 11 branch offices and half a million users worldwide.
Along with 24/7 support, multi-device remote access, and an intuitive interface, the VDR offers advanced functions like Fence View, a restricted document viewing mode, and personalized watermarks. Their unique View History feature allows users to count document views and track the time spent per page.
iDeals VDR is designed for large and mid-size businesses and enterprises to help them with financial, legal, and other confidential data transfer and collaboration. It’s a go-to solution in the M&A deal process, real estate transactions, and for communicating with potential investors.
iDeals data room is one of the most cost-effective solutions on the market. The company has three pricing plans to choose from after a 30-day free trial:
- Pro. Designed for small or mid-size companies with limited storage (10 GB) and number of projects.
- Business. A good match for large projects and serial dealmakers requiring unlimited projects and administrators. The plan caps storage at 250 GB.
- Enterprise. A tailored solution available both in the cloud and on-site.
Pros and cons of iDeals data room
World-famous companies, including Deloitte, KPMG, and Accenture, choose iDeals for secure data collaboration. The company’s average score on Capterra and g2 is 4.8/5. Below is a quick rundown of iDeals’ pros and cons, based on customer feedback.
- Multi-device synchronization
- Access from a computer or mobile device
- A user-friendly interface with no training required
- Fast navigation
- Easy drag and drop file uploading
- Document watermarks
- Detailed and customized reporting
- Document view history with the number and duration of views
- Smooth customer service
- Industry-leading data room uptime
- Unautomated payment process when users have to type in invoice numbers for each payment
- Extra charges (e.g., for downloading materials to a USB flash drive)
- Troubles with automatic file numbering and renumbering
- The lack of full functionality in mobile apps (e.g., limited options for adding new users or making modifications)
- Issues with word search
- Inconsistent connections and permissions between folders and files
Despite these drawbacks, iDeals VDR stands out from competitors in terms of value proposition and pricing. The company also enjoys clients’ trust worldwide, as reflected in positive customer reviews.